On November 19th, 2012, Susan Polgar, director of the "Susan Polgar Institute for Chess Excellence" (SPICE) at the St. Louis campus, visited Webster Vienna for a very inspiring guest lecture. Susan has been playing chess since the age of four and is one of the strongest female players in history and holder of several world records.
Susan Polgar and SPICE relocated to Webster University in St. Louis in June, 2012 from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. All undergrad members of the reigning national collegiate champion Texas Tech “A” chess team transferred to Webster at the same time. Since the summer, more Grandmasters from all around the world have been recruited to the team, which is now the No. 1 ranked division I Collegiate Chess team in the U.S.
More information about Susan Polgar and the successful Webster University Chess team at: http://www.webster.edu/spice/index.html
We believe in respect for the individual, in personal integrity and in education as a means of improving the human condition.
To provide a high quality American education with a global perspective.
To accomplish our mission, we...
- Strive for academic excellence; Promote critical thinking
- Encourage lifelong learning; Foster intercultural understanding
- Provide individual service; Contribute to the community
In Vienna for 30 years
Our goal is to give students a personalized educational experience, with maximum class sizes of 25 and individual academic advising each term. Webster Vienna is accredited in the U.S. by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), and in Austria by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research (bm:wf) as an Austrian Private University. Our business programs are also accredited by by ACBSP (Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs).
Webster's Vienna campus is on the banks of the Danube River in Vienna's 22nd district, not far from the Vienna International Center (headquarters for the UN and its agencies). Campus facilities include classrooms, four computer labs with Mac and PC workstations, a library with online access to Webster’s main library in St. Louis, conference facilities, an art gallery, a bookstore, student lounge and an American-style restaurant. Webster is well served by public transport and is only 20 minutes from the city center.
- Vibrant Webster Groves campus.
- An ideal, student-centered environment with personalized learning.
- Students from 50 states and 148 countries. Diversity is a core value.
- Average class size: 10 . Personal attention from a world-class faculty who are experts in their respective fields.
- A global reach. Locations around the world — in metropolitan locations, military installations and online. A world of learning opportunities.
- Five schools and colleges: Arts & Sciences; Business & Technology; Communications; Education; and Fine Arts.